Hunger Free Communities Summits>
2016 Hunger Free Communities Summit!
October 5 & 6, 2016
Omni Severin Hotel, Indianapolis, IN
The 2016 National Hunger Free Communities Summit is a two-day event providing current and aspiring Hunger Free Community organizers and the broader anti-hunger community a forum to learn, share and network while exploring best practices in hunger eradication.
The goals for the conference include sharing successful strategies for collective impact; learning about effective approaches from content experts; and identifying new tools, resources and partners for planning, implementing and evaluating community-based hunger relief efforts.
Who should attend?
- Hunger Free Communities Network participants– nonprofit, religious, private and public sector leaders working collectively to end hunger in their communities.
- Those aspiring to start Hunger Free Community networks or coalitions.
- Community, faith and business leaders interested in engaging in anti-hunger efforts.
- Elected and public sector officials interested in understanding the untapped potential to end hunger in their communities.
- Community members and students interested in learning how to contribute to solving hunger.
Conference Registration Fees
- $125 by August 26th
- $150 after August 26th and at the door
Only checks or credit cards will be accepted.
|Wednesday, October 5|
|10:00 AM||Registration opens|
|12:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Lunch Program|
|2:30 PM – 3:45 PM||Workshop Block|
|4:00 PM – 5:15 PM||Workshop Block|
|6:00 PM – 7:30 PM||Dinner Program|
|Thursday, October 6|
|7:00 AM||Registration opens|
|7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||Breakfast Program|
|9:15 AM – 10:30 AM||Workshop Block|
|10:45 AM – 12:00 PM||Workshop Block|
- Detailed agenda, list of speakers, and list of sponsors coming soon. Check back regularly for updates.
The event will be held at the Omni Severin Hotel, 40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225. A special rate of $179 has been secured for conference attendees on October 5th. Call Omni Central Reservations at 1-800-The-Omni (1-800-843-6664) and refer to the “HFC Summit” rate. To receive this rate, reservations must be made on or before September 12th. [More Information]
- Reserve a Room through the 2016 HFC Summit room block (deadline: September 12)
- Directions and Transportation Options
For more information, contact Minerva Delgado, Director of Coalitions & Advocacy at Alliance to End Hunger, at 202-688-1139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the agenda from the 2014 Summit, and access speaker presentations
View photos from the 2014 Hunger Free Communities Summit