Hunger Free Communities Summits>
2016 Hunger Free Communities Summit!
October 5 & 6, 2016
Omni Severin Hotel, Indianapolis, IN
The 2016 National Hunger Free Communities Summit is a two-day event providing current and aspiring Hunger Free Community organizers and the broader anti-hunger community a forum to learn, share and network while exploring best practices in hunger eradication.
The goals for the conference include sharing successful strategies for collective impact; learning about effective approaches from content experts; and identifying new tools, resources and partners for planning, implementing and evaluating community-based hunger relief efforts.
Who should attend?
- Hunger Free Communities Network participants– nonprofit, religious, private and public sector leaders working collectively to end hunger in their communities.
- Those aspiring to start Hunger Free Community networks or coalitions.
- Community, faith and business leaders interested in engaging in anti-hunger efforts.
- Elected and public sector officials interested in understanding the untapped potential to end hunger in their communities.
- Community members and students interested in learning how to contribute to solving hunger.
Conference Registration Fees
- $125 by August 12th
- $150 after August 12th and at the door
Only checks or credit cards will be accepted.
- Scholarship Opportunity: A limited number of scholarships are available to cover conference registration fees. If you are interest in obtaining a scholarship please submit your request by July 31st.
|Wednesday, October 5|
|10:00 AM||Registration opens|
|12:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Lunch Program|
|2:30 PM – 3:45 PM||Workshop Block|
|4:00 PM – 5:15 PM||Workshop Block|
|6:00 PM – 7:30 PM||Dinner Program|
|Thursday, October 6|
|7:00 AM||Registration opens|
|7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||Breakfast Program|
|9:15 AM – 10:30 AM||Workshop Block|
|10:45 AM – 12:00 PM||Workshop Block|
- Detailed agenda, list of speakers, and list of sponsors coming soon. Check back regularly for updates.
The event will be held at the Omni Severin Hotel, 40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225. A special rate of $179 has been secured for conference attendees on October 5th. Call Omni Central Reservations at 1-800-The-Omni (1-800-843-6664) and refer to the “HFC Summit” rate. To receive this rate, reservations must be made on or before September 5th. [More Information]
- Reserve a Room through the 2016 HFC Summit room block (deadline: September 5)
- Directions and Transportation Options
We encourage Hunger Free Community networks and the broader anti-hunger community to submit workshop proposals for the summit. We are particularly interested in proposals that:
- Help newly formed (or forming) Hunger Free Community coalitions to plan for success
- Highlight coordinated community efforts to improve access to nutritious foods, promote well-being and raise food security
- Engage constituents, communities and elected officials in advocacy against hunger
- Allow HFCs to reflect, share and plan with one another on topics of mutual interest
Please note: Most workshops will accommodate about 50 people, theatre-style. Workshops are 75 minutes long and A/V is available upon request. Speakers will be offered complimentary registration.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL: Please submit your workshop proposal by July 31st.
For more information, contact Minerva Delgado, Director of Coalitions & Advocacy at Alliance to End Hunger, at 202-688-1139 or email@example.com.
See the agenda from the 2014 Summit, and access speaker presentations
View photos from the 2014 Hunger Free Communities Summit